• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

squatter's rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marji

i live in missouri - i was wondering - what are squatter's rights? - how long do you have to live in a house to claim squatter's rights - how much improvements do you have to do to the house to claim squatter's rights - can i ever claim squatter's rights? the owners live in california and have no interest in the house or property - i have been living in the house for almost 6 years - any info you have would help - thanks

HomeGuru

If the owners are not interested in the property, have them deed it to you. Who is paying the real property taxes? Contact the tax office and an attorney.

M

marji

reply to squatters rights

i have been paying the taxes - but the owners are my parent - they won't sell it to me or deed it to me - so i was wondering if i could claim squatters rights - i've put in a whole new kitchen 3,000 and many other improvements - they said that they would never want to live here they just want to hold on to the deed - so i can't get fed help to improve the place or get a loan to help me improve the place - what can i do??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">