• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Status from an old post "surplus funds"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ladynred

Well, my old post has fallen off the boards, but since some of the Sr. Members were interested in the outcome, here's the deal.

I sent my claim in to the court for the 'surplus funds' resulting from the sale of my house in SC, sold at auction in December 2001 (ring any bells yet, guys ?).

In today's mail was a letter from the Judge's office, stating that only the Homeowners Assoc. and the 'former owner' had filed claims... woo hoo !! So.. also enclosed was a check for the remainder of the surplus funds !

I really didn't think I'd get any money, I figured the 2nd mortgage company, or their CA would get all of it.. surprise, surprise !!

That'll help me survive this unemployment problem a bit longer :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">