• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elggog

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan is there a statute of limitation on a realestate lien i own some land in mi and a band put a lien on it for a loan i took on my house. when i lost my house to a forclosure thay put a lien on my other land so is there a statute of limitation on thar lien?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan is there a statute of limitation on a realestate lien i own some land in mi and a band put a lien on it for a loan i took on my house. when i lost my house to a forclosure thay put a lien on my other land so is there a statute of limitation on thar lien?
**A: no, once the lien is on title it stays on until it is released generally by paying the lien amount and recording a satisfaction of lien on title.

OHRoadwarrior

If there were a statute of limitations on a property lien, nobody would pay the lien, they would wait for it to expire before selling the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">