• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

STOLEN HOME

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frankcauley

Problem: Step-father forged legal documents giving him ownership of property. He also used documents and my name to enter into a Section 8 contract with the state. There is a Section 8 client in the home with a 12- month lease. HELP! I want my house back.
All transactions that were done by step father are illegal. I did not sign any papers to give him permission to do this. I served the tenenats and the step father a 30 day eviction notice before finding out about contract with the state. What can I do? The loan, title, note and mortage are all in my name. I need help!
Frank Cauley

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frankcauley:
Problem: Step-father forged legal documents giving him ownership of property. He also used documents and my name to enter into a Section 8 contract with the state. There is a Section 8 client in the home with a 12- month lease. HELP! I want my house back.
All transactions that were done by step father are illegal. I did not sign any papers to give him permission to do this. I served the tenenats and the step father a 30 day eviction notice before finding out about contract with the state. What can I do? The loan, title, note and mortage are all in my name. I need help!
Frank Cauley
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to worry. What document was forged transferring ownership of the property from you to him? Does this guy live in the Section 8 rented property?

F

frankcauley

Guru:

We have no idea what paper he is even talking about. We have never seen it. The answer to your question is he living in the home the answer is no. He got Section 8 and let someone else living in it and Section 8 is paying him monthly for the rent. We want to stop the subsidy, evict her and move back into our house. We have already sent her an eviction notice on July 5, 2000. And she still isn't out of the home. What can we do? Does is cost to have the Sheriff deliver the papers? How long do we have to give her then?
Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
They are really appreciated.
Can we press charges for tresspassing or what to get her out quickly.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frankcauley:
Guru:

We have no idea what paper he is even talking about. We have never seen it. The answer to your question is he living in the home the answer is no. He got Section 8 and let someone else living in it and Section 8 is paying him monthly for the rent. We want to stop the subsidy, evict her and move back into our house. We have already sent her an eviction notice on July 5, 2000. And she still isn't out of the home. What can we do? Does is cost to have the Sheriff deliver the papers? How long do we have to give her then?
Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
They are really appreciated.
Can we press charges for tresspassing or what to get her out quickly.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest you order a title report and at the same time call and write to the section 8 office and turn him in. Also hire an attorney to review the situation and prepare an eviction. If the tenant was mislead into thinking that he was the owner, it is not her fault.

F

frankcauley

thanks for all the help. we have called the
Housing authority dept. and talked to them. they actually are going to back my stepfather, they also said that i must honor the illegal contract that my stepfather entered into with them.. what? the only piece of paper that he has is a statement from me that he was authorized to collect rent and do minor maintenence to the property, it wasnt notarized by any one.
so as far as I'm concerned those persons in my home are trespassing and an eviction is winging its way to them as we speak.
it seems disturbing to think that an average person could leave home for an extended period of time, leaving his or her home unoccupied, come back to find a renter living in the home and have to prove to all concerned that they own the home and they dont have to honor any dang rental agreement made illegally. Get real.. this really has gotten way out of hand. is there no one to protect the average home owner. seems not!

HomeGuru

thanks for all the help. we have called the
Housing authority dept. and talked to them. they actually are going to back my stepfather, they also said that i must honor the illegal contract that my stepfather entered into with them.. what? the only piece of paper that he has is a statement from me that he was authorized to collect rent and do minor maintenence to the property, it wasnt notarized by any one.
so as far as I'm concerned those persons in my home are trespassing and an eviction is winging its way to them as we speak.
it seems disturbing to think that an average person could leave home for an extended period of time, leaving his or her home unoccupied, come back to find a renter living in the home and have to prove to all concerned that they own the home and they dont have to honor any dang rental agreement made illegally. Get real.. this really has gotten way out of hand. is there no one to protect the average home owner. seems not!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Put yourself in the position of tenant. As tenant, it is not your fault that a relative of the owner has done these dirty deeds. So legally, despite what your stepandrentit father did, the rental agreement holds. You should send a letter to the Section 8 office cancelling the written lease upon expiration of the fixed term. That way there is no renewal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">