• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stop tax foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unsub2k

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas
We are being sued by the county for 60,000 dollars in back taxes, spanning 23 years. I won't explain how we got to this point as it is very complex. The suit is against another deceased party (ad Liteum), who is the owner of record and us; as having interest in the property. First question, does interest = ownership? We wish to file form 33.06 which is a tax deferral affadavit and allows for postponement for disabled or eldery til death, but requires that it be your homestead which we can not file for since we have no deed. If we had deed we could go get loan and pay taxes We would rather settle the issue once and for all but this is a stop measure..what do we do?...file the documents anyways? Will the judge figure it out in court. Are we legally eligible to stop the forclosure preceedings this way? Shoud I retain attorney. I tried to keep it simple and any guidance would be amazing. thanks david

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">