• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

storage room

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

isaacsol

texas
i bought a house in which a storage room that the seller wanted is still on the property. how long do they have to remove this storage room after closing. is there a time limit and would this storage room become mine if it stays on my property for too long. if so how many days do they have to move the storage room?
thank you

HomeGuru

isaacsol said:
texas
i bought a house in which a storage room that the seller wanted is still on the property. how long do they have to remove this storage room after closing. is there a time limit and would this storage room become mine if it stays on my property for too long. if so how many days do they have to move the storage room?
thank you
**A: 1 nanosecond after recordation, the storage room becomes yours as the property owner.

I

isaacsol

thank you for your quick reply,another fact in this situation is that before we closed my wife made a verbal agreement with the owner to let them take the storage room, but it was never included as part of the contract. Does that change the outcome of the situation or am i still entitiled to the storage room?

HomeGuru

isaacsol said:
thank you for your quick reply,another fact in this situation is that before we closed my wife made a verbal agreement with the owner to let them take the storage room, but it was never included as part of the contract. Does that change the outcome of the situation or am i still entitiled to the storage room?
**A: yes it does change things.

JETX

Is this a storage room (attached to some other structure) or a storage building (stand alone)????

If a building, send them a certified RRR letter asking them to make arrangements to remove the building within a specific time (30 days??) if they are still interested in having it. Include a note that if they do NOT contact you in that time, the building will be considered 'abandoned' and be subject to retention or removal without any further recourse against you.

Send the letter and wait the noted time.

I

isaacsol

thank you for your input it is greatly appreciated.
the storage room is a stand alone.
what is a RRR letter?

Last edited:
B

Bon Ami

RRR

Certified mail, return receipt requested.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">