• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stranded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grammykins

New Jersey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My husband and I own an island on a cedar lake that has been drained by the DEP. We have a cabin on this island that we use all summer for vacations and swimming. The dams are in need of repair. The lake is owned by Nature Conservancy and the road is owned by the county. The problem is now being decided by a court of law to determine responsibility. 2 years have passed since they drained the lake and all of the white cedars on our island , which make up most of the canopy, have died along with numerous other trees. We also have no way of accessing our property since the only way to get there is by boat. We cannot get over there to maintain the cabin or retrieve our belongings in the cabin. We have exhausted all avenues to have our plea heard and am wondering if anyone might have some suggestions to help us.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

New Jersey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My husband and I own an island on a cedar lake that has been drained by the DEP. We have a cabin on this island that we use all summer for vacations and swimming. The dams are in need of repair. The lake is owned by Nature Conservancy and the road is owned by the county. The problem is now being decided by a court of law to determine responsibility. 2 years have passed since they drained the lake and all of the white cedars on our island , which make up most of the canopy, have died along with numerous other trees. We also have no way of accessing our property since the only way to get there is by boat. We cannot get over there to maintain the cabin or retrieve our belongings in the cabin. We have exhausted all avenues to have our plea heard and am wondering if anyone might have some suggestions to help us.

**A: and what has your attorney done thus far?

rowz

this is in Ocean County?
to whom do you pay real estate taxes?

what "avenues" have you exhausted?
what does the Nature Conservancy say?

From whom did you buy the land?

Are you "a Piney"?

rowz

possibly an indigenous person from the "Pinelands" of NJ that is commonly known as "a Piney".

Think a cold weather Appalachia.

grammykins

Sorry...I am new to this type of forum...I thought this site would be helpful. Instead of intelligent responses, I am met with people who have nothing better to do than make themselves feel good by putting others down. I will take my plight elsewhere. By the way, I am not located in the Pinelands...but I am sure the people who live there are glad they don't have you for a neighbor.

HomeGuru

Sorry...I am new to this type of forum...I thought this site would be helpful. Instead of intelligent responses, I am met with people who have nothing better to do than make themselves feel good by putting others down. I will take my plight elsewhere. By the way, I am not located in the Pinelands...but I am sure the people who live there are glad they don't have you for a neighbor.
**A: ok then, enjoy the island.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">