• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

survey

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kbay

YOUR STATE NAME - oklahoma, i have a driveway which has been in use for 20 years. the neighbors have had a new survey and it seems to come into my driveway. do they have the right to make me move my driveway? we are talking about 5 feet. this driveway use to be a county road but i had it abondoned about 3 years ago. what can happen?

HomeGuru

kbay said:
YOUR STATE NAME - oklahoma, i have a driveway which has been in use for 20 years. the neighbors have had a new survey and it seems to come into my driveway.
**A: you mean to say that your driveway is on the neighbor's property.
do they have the right to make me move my driveway?
**A: yes they do since it is their property. You can file a prescriptive easement claim.
we are talking about 5 feet. this driveway use to be a county road but i had it abondoned about 3 years ago. what can happen?
**A: I do not understand the abandomement part of your post. Please explain briefly.

FarmerJ

Also If that was a county road back then when the road was vacated by the county It might have been split with each property owner getting one half Consider going to your county govt center and look at the old plat books for your Township / City and Ask questions about the documents on file about that road being vacated and the ownership of the land . There may be information there that can help you solve the problem .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">