• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Survey Plat showing incorrect easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mr. Boggs

What is the name of your state? Maryland

A Survey Plat on our property is showing a future 40 ft access easement for a future road coming through our property. A neighbor just had his Final Development Plat done and shows that the future road and a 40 ft access easement runs on his side of the property not our side.

My questions are:

1. The same surveyor did both plats. Can I request a new plat of survey? Or, a correction to my plat?

2. How do I know, for sure, if the current survey on my neighbor's property is correct and my survey is incorrect?

Thank you for your advice!

seniorjudge

Mr. Boggs said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland

A Survey Plat on our property is showing a future 40 ft access easement for a future road coming through our property. A neighbor just had his Final Development Plat done and shows that the future road and a 40 ft access easement runs on his side of the property not our side.

My questions are:

1. The same surveyor did both plats. Can I request a new plat of survey? Or, a correction to my plat?

2. How do I know, for sure, if the current survey on my neighbor's property is correct and my survey is incorrect?

Thank you for your advice!

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=248402

Discussed here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">