• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Surveyor Wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kruser

My State Florida
neighbor had survey for a new fence. his survey was 2 feet into my property I called my surveyor he said the survey was wrong , reverified my survey and we strong a line down my property. neighbor resurveyed and i got my 2 feet back plus 1 foot of his. The new survey now takes 4 foot of my other neigbors property. the city only has the county property apprasiers map. no right aways, alleys variances or anything , said this is a civil matter according to the city building inspector.
my questions are : is there a regulation panel on surveyors?. can this be handled without a civl court?. What other avenues do i have?.

HomeGuru

Kruser said:
My State Florida
neighbor had survey for a new fence. his survey was 2 feet into my property I called my surveyor he said the survey was wrong , reverified my survey and we strong a line down my property. neighbor resurveyed and i got my 2 feet back plus 1 foot of his. The new survey now takes 4 foot of my other neigbors property. the city only has the county property apprasiers map. no right aways, alleys variances or anything , said this is a civil matter according to the city building inspector.
my questions are : is there a regulation panel on surveyors?

**A: yes, all surveyors need to be licensed and there are also associations.
. can this be handled without a civl court?.

**A: possibly. But that's just a wild guess.

What other avenues do i have?.
**A: ask your surveyor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">