• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax deed liens and public auction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dplucky

What is the name of your state? Florida

I refinanced my house in march of 2001. The title was cleared by a title company. Many liens and judjements and property taxes paid at closing...the whole point. Last week I recieved a certified letter from the county that 1999 taxes were never paid from closing. My house is scheduled for public auction as a result in 3 weeks. I have no means at this time to settle the tax lien and may loose my house due to the title company "missing" the 1999 tax lien. What is there responsibility in this. I feel I paid for a service that failed me :mad:

HomeGuru

Dplucky said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I refinanced my house in march of 2001. The title was cleared by a title company. Many liens and judjements and property taxes paid at closing...the whole point. Last week I recieved a certified letter from the county that 1999 taxes were never paid from closing. My house is scheduled for public auction as a result in 3 weeks. I have no means at this time to settle the tax lien and may loose my house due to the title company "missing" the 1999 tax lien. What is there responsibility in this. I feel I paid for a service that failed me :mad:
**A: go atraight down to the tile company and get to the bottom. Go to the tax office and negotiate a payment plan.
There is more to this story because the tax people do not auction off real property for nonpayment of only a years worth of taxes. You have not paid in years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">