• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tax foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dagmar Roman

What is the name of your state? NY
I live on a lake with deeded lake rights. The end of the cross trails have always been access for non waterfront owners. The original owners/sellers died and a company took it over. That company in turn let the property go at a tax foreclosure sale, 2 years ago. Many, including myself had no idea that these accesses are now in private hands to people who bought them at auction.
It does no good to have deeded lake rights, if there is no way to get into the lake.
Do we have any recourse?

Thank you

HomeGuru

Dagmar Roman said:
What is the name of your state? NY
I live on a lake with deeded lake rights. The end of the cross trails have always been access for non waterfront owners. The original owners/sellers died and a company took it over. That company in turn let the property go at a tax foreclosure sale, 2 years ago. Many, including myself had no idea that these accesses are now in private hands to people who bought them at auction.
It does no good to have deeded lake rights, if there is no way to get into the lake.
Do we have any recourse?

Thank you
**A: Consult with an attorney about filing a claim for prescriptive easement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">