• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tax lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shanda

Texas.

i am interested in aquireing a house by paying of the county taxes on the property. could i please get a step by step process? starting from where to purchase.

HomeGuru

Shanda said:
Texas.

i am interested in aquireing a house by paying of the county taxes on the property. could i please get a step by step process? starting from where to purchase.
My response: sure, just contact the county real property tax office.

S

Sergio Grado

To acquire properties in Texas for back taxes, you first need to make sure they are going up for auction. You can check the Tax Assessor Collector for this list. Once you have identified a property, do a thorough search on the property. Though when you purchase the property for back taxes, in Texas if it is a homestead property the owner has a right of up to 2 years to get back his property. 6 months if it is not homestead. He would have to pay you back what you paid plus 25% penalty if paid in the first year or 50% if paid in the second year (homestead only). Look up www.foreclosurehouston.com for more info. I don't know what city in Texas you are in but this website should get you started. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">