+ Reply to Thread
    harleybunny2227 Guest

Cool Taxes on Mobile Home Purchase

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.
    I own a home and I am in the process of buying a mobile home to rent to my son and family. My question is do I have to pay state tax on the mobile home? I have heard that you are not required to pay state tax. Is this true? Thank you for any help you may supply/

check with your countys property tax offices to learn the answer .

Quote Originally Posted by harleybunny2227
    What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.
    I own a home and I am in the process of buying a mobile home to rent to my son and family. My question is do I have to pay state tax on the mobile home? I have heard that you are not required to pay state tax. Is this true? Thank you for any help you may supply/
    **A: check with your state tax office.

treefon Guest

Personal Property

In Texas mobile homes are considered personal property and are taxed accordingly. Probably the same in PA.

amortgageman Guest
    It all may depend on whether the mobile hme is located in a residential park or on it's own land.

Quote Originally Posted by amortgageman
    It all may depend on whether the mobile hme is located in a residential park or on it's own land.
    **A: and if on it's own land, whether the home is attached to the land.

harleybunny2227 Guest

Taxes on Mobile Home Purchase

I would like to thank you all for you advise and replies. I called our state tax office. And they change the law 5 years ago, that they cannot charge you state taxes on a mobile home. About time!! Why pay state sales tax on a home where you have to pay property tax and school tax. This is for the State of Pennsylvania. Have a wonderful day!

Quote Originally Posted by harleybunny2227
    I would like to thank you all for you advise and replies. I called our state tax office. And they change the law 5 years ago, that they cannot charge you state taxes on a mobile home. About time!! Why pay state sales tax on a home where you have to pay property tax and school tax. This is for the State of Pennsylvania. Have a wonderful day!
    **A: so there is no sales tax at all? What about on a non-mobile home?

harleybunny2227 Guest

Wink Mobile Home Taxes

as far as I was told from the State Tax Office, there are no sales tax on a mobile home that is already set up in a residental park. If you are buying a new mobile home the law could be different. What do you mean by non-mobile home? A house?

+ Reply to Thread