• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taxes on Mobile Home Purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

harleybunny2227

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.
I own a home and I am in the process of buying a mobile home to rent to my son and family. My question is do I have to pay state tax on the mobile home? I have heard that you are not required to pay state tax. Is this true? Thank you for any help you may supply/ :confused:

HomeGuru

harleybunny2227 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.
I own a home and I am in the process of buying a mobile home to rent to my son and family. My question is do I have to pay state tax on the mobile home? I have heard that you are not required to pay state tax. Is this true? Thank you for any help you may supply/ :confused:
**A: check with your state tax office.

T

treefon

Personal Property

In Texas mobile homes are considered personal property and are taxed accordingly. Probably the same in PA.

A

amortgageman

It all may depend on whether the mobile hme is located in a residential park or on it's own land.

HomeGuru

amortgageman said:
It all may depend on whether the mobile hme is located in a residential park or on it's own land.
**A: and if on it's own land, whether the home is attached to the land.

H

harleybunny2227

:) I would like to thank you all for you advise and replies. I called our state tax office. And they change the law 5 years ago, that they cannot charge you state taxes on a mobile home. About time!! Why pay state sales tax on a home where you have to pay property tax and school tax. This is for the State of Pennsylvania. Have a wonderful day! ;)

HomeGuru

harleybunny2227 said:
:) I would like to thank you all for you advise and replies. I called our state tax office. And they change the law 5 years ago, that they cannot charge you state taxes on a mobile home. About time!! Why pay state sales tax on a home where you have to pay property tax and school tax. This is for the State of Pennsylvania. Have a wonderful day! ;)
**A: so there is no sales tax at all? What about on a non-mobile home?

H

harleybunny2227

Mobile Home Taxes

as far as I was told from the State Tax Office, there are no sales tax on a mobile home that is already set up in a residental park. If you are buying a new mobile home the law could be different. What do you mean by non-mobile home? A house?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">