• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant eviction of subtenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kjsmith

I live in Oregon. I have asked my boyfriend on several occasions to move out. He refuses to leave. The lease is in my name only,(property is leased from my father or I would gladly be the one to leave). This man is not physically abusive, so the police cannot help me. How do I go about evicting him legally?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kjsmith:
I live in Oregon. I have asked my boyfriend on several occasions to move out. He refuses to leave. The lease is in my name only,(property is leased from my father or I would gladly be the one to leave). This man is not physically abusive, so the police cannot help me. How do I go about evicting him legally?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call the police and file a police report for trespassing. Then hire an attorney to give him notice to vacate and start an eviction complaint. If he is an unwanted tenant, the courts will give him a court order to move out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">