• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant transfer fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

neon

What do you feel that the condo Home Association charges the condo owner extra $200.00 "tenant transfer fee" every time when a new tenant moves in(usually the "lease agreement" is 6 month ~ 1 year period)?? California
Thanks!

[This message has been edited by neon (edited October 06, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neon:
What do you feel that the condo Home Association charges the condo owner extra $200.00 "tenant transfer fee" every time when a new tenant moves in(usually the "lease agreement" is 6 month ~ 1 year period)??
Thanks!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I deem it to be somewhat of a ripoff but then again do you know what work is involved by the resident manager and management company each time a new tenant moves in?

N

neon

Thanks for the reply.
The condo manager does 2 things.
1)passes two paper sheets to the owner for filing up:
a)new tenant's name and lease information.
b)condo rule agreement with the new tenant.
Than owner returns those 2 sheets back to the manager for computer filing;
2)registers the new user of the micro door-card' for the new tenant in the computer.
What would you think?
Thanks!

P

Peter

HEY NEON.....

Your lights were NOT working when you bought that condo and decided to rent it out!

If you dont want to pay the fee, then YOU live in the condo!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neon:
Thanks for the reply.
The condo manager does 2 things.
1)passes two paper sheets to the owner for filing up:
a)new tenant's name and lease information.
b)condo rule agreement with the new tenant.
Than owner returns those 2 sheets back to the manager for computer filing;
2)registers the new user of the micro door-card' for the new tenant in the computer.
What would you think?
Thanks!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If my math is correct doesn't it come to $100 per thing?

N

neon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
If my math is correct doesn't it come to $100 per thing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am wondering that if my math answer is the same as yours, we didn't cheat in the math class, right.
The Assocation forced owners to pay the fee.
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">