• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant? will not leave property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dragonfly1

What is the name of your state? Maryland

My husband and I purchased our land from his grandparents 13 years ago. At the time of the purchase, we lived a house on the property and his grandparents lived in a mobile home on the property (they owned the mobile home, we own the land it sits on) and they were verbally given the right to live on our property in their mobile home for the rest of their lives.

In January, the last of his grandparents passed away. Before he did, he signed over the mobile home to my husband's mother. We have told her that she must move the mobile home off our property as the agreement did not extend to her. At this time, she and her husband lived on their own property in a house of their own. Within this past month, they have sold their house and have moved in the mobile home under the condition that she would be out by the end of May. She and her husband have offered us money to live there a few times, however we have told her we do not want her money, just the home moved. We have now been told that she does not intend to move it.

Does she have any legal right to stay on our property? My husband's grandfather did not own any right to the property, only the mobile home. What legal recourse do we have?

LindaP777

Within this past month, they have sold their house and have moved in the mobile home under the condition that she would be out by the end of May.
Sounds like they have another month and a half to move. Make sure you give them proper notice and then proceed with eviction process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">