• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant won't let me show the apartment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nibiss

I own a 2 family in Jersey. Tenant notified me she was moving two months before her year lease is over.It was okay with me until she didn't let me show the apart. after placing an ad in the paper.I made attemps to come to an agreement about showing times but was unsuccessful.She vacates July 31, but the apartment is not rented for Aug. 1st. I hope to rent it by Aug.15. Can I deduct these two weeks from her security deposit??

M

meee

YES she broke the lease and is refusing to show the apartment, why not keep the whole month? I would be next to impossible to rent in the middle of the month,

Most want it for Sept 1st., but if you did rent it sooner then give her back the difference,minus any damages.... you cant charge 2 people full rent on the same apartment, for the same month.

===========================================

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nibiss:
I own a 2 family in Jersey. Tenant notified me she was moving two months before her year lease is over.It was okay with me until she didn't let me show the apart. after placing an ad in the paper.I made attemps to come to an agreement about showing times but was unsuccessful.She vacates July 31, but the apartment is not rented for Aug. 1st. I hope to rent it by Aug.15. Can I deduct these two weeks from her security deposit??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">