• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenants in common

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whenindoubt

I own this property (in colorado) with another person...not related in any way. He is living in another state and has been paying his half of the propery payment. Now he is starting to miss payments. Is there any recourse i can take against him? If so, how many payments does he have to miss before i can take action? The property has been up for sale for 3 yrs now.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whenindoubt:
I own this property (in colorado) with another person...not related in any way. He is living in another state and has been paying his half of the propery payment. Now he is starting to miss payments. Is there any recourse i can take against him? If so, how many payments does he have to miss before i can take action? The property has been up for sale for 3 yrs now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can go after him after he misses one month. Your recourse is the same for any jointly owned property. Consider being realistic about your list price.

W

whenindoubt

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
You can go after him after he misses one month. Your recourse is the same for any jointly owned property. Consider being realistic about your list price. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
the list price is realistic...in this area..commercial just hasn't been moving. thanks for the advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">