• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenants in Common

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

Used Big Time

California. Help! I entered into a real estate partnership (tenants in common) with my fiancee and his elderly father 2 1/2 years ago. Prime property in resort desert community, all reside on, all paying 1/3. Relationship has gone sour, and I need to terminate arrangement. Fiancee is controlling and abusive to both father and myself. I became primary caregiver to father. Father and I feel trapped. Father has in place non-revokable trust naming son. Fiancee (and father) were receptive to sale; property put on market for 9 mo., no offers. Buy-out proposal offered is not a fair one. At contract, I was primary wage earner qualifying us for property. Fiancee used proceeds from sale of father's first home for down. Father is 86 and on Title only. As a first time homeowner at 44, all of my assets went into fixing up the home in the first year. Shortly thereafter, my employment status changed, thus my financial status changed. I still managed to cover my 1/3. At present, I'm not in a position to retain legal counsel. Fiancee (even father) have never been supportive, even though I was taking care of him. But my 1/3 always expected. I have no other resources for assistance. What are my options? Feeling very used and abused.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">