• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eb82886

What is the name of your state? indiana:confused: I signed a purchase agreement for a new home with a large production home builder in central Indiana. After I finalized my design selections several problems began to appear. First, the builder decided to withdrawl from the subdivision although they claimed that they were committed to building my home. After 10 weeks had gone by and repeated unanswered phone calls and still no ground breaking , I decided to terminate the agreement citing my concerns with their commitment. They sent me a "mutual consent" to terminate form to fill out which I did. However, they have not countersigned this agreement and it is going on three weeks. I have since obtained a mortgage on another property. What are the ramnifications of not having closure on the termination agreement with the first builder? Can they legally "sit-on" this indefinitely and keep me from being free and clear of this agreement?

HomeGuru

eb82886 said:
What is the name of your state? indiana:confused: I signed a purchase agreement for a new home with a large production home builder in central Indiana. After I finalized my design selections several problems began to appear. First, the builder decided to withdrawl from the subdivision although they claimed that they were committed to building my home. After 10 weeks had gone by and repeated unanswered phone calls and still no ground breaking , I decided to terminate the agreement citing my concerns with their commitment. They sent me a "mutual consent" to terminate form to fill out which I did. However, they have not countersigned this agreement and it is going on three weeks. I have since obtained a mortgage on another property. What are the ramnifications of not having closure on the termination agreement with the first builder? Can they legally "sit-on" this indefinitely and keep me from being free and clear of this agreement?
**A: yes, so make sure you have an attorney review the papers and help you terminate cleanly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">