• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termite Tenting CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bugged by Landlord

We had to vacate our apartment from 8am Wed until 12noon Fri. What expenses does the landlord need to cover? Is a hotel room adequate or should there also be reimbursement for meals? Does the hotel room need to be available for the entire time apartment is unusable or only from check-in time the first day until check-out time the last day? Because arrangements made for us were not adequate, we made our own. Now, landlord wants us to pay for the 1st night's hotel charges - we did not receive information regarding inadequate lodging until 8pm Mon - barely enough time to make other arrangements. Cancelled hotel reservation on Wed but hotel is charging landlord anyway for 1st night. By the way, other arrangements were made at our expense and we are not intending to bill landlord.

D

David J. Miller

If I were an attorney, which I'm not, I'd be interested in knowing more details regarding the inadequacy of the lodging. I mean it's one thing if you are calling a roach infested hotel inadequate but quite another if your definition of inadequate is that your room lacked a hot tub.

Or maybe you are saying that because check-out was to early, the lodging was inadequate, in which case ignore my comments. Heck, ignore my comments anyway, if you want to.

Other than that I don't know the answer to your question.

[This message has been edited by David J. Miller (edited October 13, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by David J. Miller (edited October 13, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">