• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Apartment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clwandel

I live in an apartment and we want to break the lease with out getting penalized. I have written two letters to our landlord, each containing several different repairs that need to be made and it has been ten days and we haven't heard anything back from them. How log do they have before they are in breach of the lease?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by clwandel:
I live in an apartment and we want to break the lease with out getting penalized. I have written two letters to our landlord, each containing several different repairs that need to be made and it has been ten days and we haven't heard anything back from them. How log do they have before they are in breach of the lease?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Contact your State L/T office as it would depend on the type of repairs you are requesting the L to fix. Cosmetic items and conditions that do not affect health and safety are low priority. On the other hand if you have a leaking roof, flooding, plumbing or electrical problems, etc. the law gives you recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">