• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

texas landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kautz5

we have been renteng here for over two years. we have no lease. we have always paid the landlord in cash. we have fallen behind in rent and the landlord wnts us out by this weekend. He advised us today. we cannot possibly move until the 15th. My husband and I are both disabled. Can the landlord make us leave by this weekend?
NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kautz5:
we have been renteng here for over two years. we have no lease. we have always paid the landlord in cash. we have fallen behind in rent and the landlord wnts us out by this weekend. He advised us today. we cannot possibly move until the 15th. My husband and I are both disabled. Can the landlord make us leave by this weekend?
NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are not moving this weekend or even maybe next weekend. Since you have no lease you are considered month-to-month tenants and therefore the landlord must give you the required written notice to pay rent or quit pursuant to Texas L/T laws. If L puts pressure on you tell him that you will sue him for damages for illegal eviction. Need more, tell him that you will sue under the Federal ADA laws. You may in fact not have a valid claim under ADA, but you can use it as a stall tactic.

P

peter

The landlord CANNOT lock you out, cannot cut off the utilites cannot do anything without a court order...

IF HE DOES CALL THE POLICE AND FORCE THEM TO ARREST THE LANDLORD!

Let him give you a 30 day notice in writing to pay the rent or be out by the end of the month,

Also are there any Disabled Social Groups you can contact to help out with a loan, or to help pay for rent and utilities ?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kautz5:
NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">