• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They say I can't keep my CAT?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RalphLos

I just moved into a Condo in LaGrange, IL. I have a cat which I can't deal without (I'm a guy, I love cats). The president next door to me (we are a self-managed organization) or something, says "yeah, we voted to disallow cats and dogs and all animals, my husband is allergic to the fur and such. Now, my question is...can they LEGALLY make me get rid of my cat!? Aren't they MY four walls??
HELP PLEASE...DESPARATE.

------------------
...isn't there a foot you should be sticking into that mouth right about now?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RalphLos:
I just moved into a Condo in LaGrange, IL. I have a cat which I can't deal without (I'm a guy, I love cats). The president next door to me (we are a self-managed organization) or something, says "yeah, we voted to disallow cats and dogs and all animals, my husband is allergic to the fur and such. Now, my question is...can they LEGALLY make me get rid of my cat!? Aren't they MY four walls??
HELP PLEASE...DESPARATE.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please understand that you live in a condominum which has their own separate rules in addition to the State, City and County laws and ordinances. The condo regulations are know as House Rules and the rules are the law of the condo land. If the House Rules prohibit animals even by ammendment, then that is the final word. Think of the condominum as a government within a government. You must follow the rules of both Presidents. One chose not to inhale smoke and the other cat dander.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">