• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

THOUGHT IT WAS HANDLED BY MY ATTY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brooklyn2914

Please we need help. Last month when we received our notices from the LL due to non-payment of rent due to a job loss, we paid a fee of $200 to an attorney advertising in Recycler. His rep told us to bring him all papers received, and refer any phone calls to them. We did this. Then 10 days later the rep called us frantic and nasty saying he had left messages for us for days (mind you they had all 3 of our numbers) and we needed to sign papers for them to file an answer. While we were at their office and the receptionist was calling us liars for saying we never got any phone calls, the rep found out the default had already been filed. So they said we needed to pay them more money to start a bankrupty which would stop the eviction. We did this. 5 days later, the sherrif showed up at our house with a 5 day notice to vacate, which is up on Tuesday, Aug. 1st. We called the attorney, who is on vacation, and the rep we have been dealing with said for $600 more dollars he would get us in on Monday or Tuesday with an exparte. We don't have the money, so he said there's nothing he can do, "we're just screwed because we didn't sign the papers on time". I have 2 young children, no money to move in 3 days, and don't know what to do. Please can someone, anyone tell me and my family what our options are, if we have any.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">