• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

thought it was mine - now it's not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

golffreak

Live in Port Huron MI. Owned home for 8 years. Neighbor sold vacant lot between us - new owners/new survey - now I have lost what I thought was 10' of property, including extensive landscaping (roses, trees), 1/2 of wood deck that is primary entrance to my home and area of land where LARGE/old satelite dish has been for over 15 yrs. Any responsibility by original mortgage Co. , lending bank ?? Offered to buy chunk of land - won't bite. Help please.

JETX

Real estate law is pretty tricky and I suggest you talk with a local attorney experienced in that area.

Some questions of relevance:
1) Did YOU get a survey when you purchased the property??
2) Have you gotten a recent survey to confirm the one showing your 'lost' property??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">