• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time Share

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Russell

I purchased a time share in Florida in November 1999. I received a letter from the time share company in February 2000 saying that we were in default for non payment which was not true and they declared the contract NULL and VOID.
When I contacted them they said that they would reinstate the contract.
Can someone please tell me if they can reinstate a contract that has been declared NULL and VOID or would a new contract have to be taken out with the company.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Russell:
I purchased a time share in Florida in November 1999. I received a letter from the time share company in February 2000 saying that we were in default for non payment which was not true and they declared the contract NULL and VOID.
When I contacted them they said that they would reinstate the contract.
Can someone please tell me if they can reinstate a contract that has been declared NULL and VOID or would a new contract have to be taken out with the company.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They can reinstate and most always do. In addition, they can not legally terminate the contract if you were not in default. So their null and void statement is exactly that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">