• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TimeShare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beanzy

What is the name of your state? California

I own a timeshare which is deeded to me for a lengthly time frame. I never use it and have tried to sell it, even tried to give it away to no avail.

My question is, how can I get rid of this timeshare and stop the yearly maintenence fees without ruining my credit?

I am currently unemployeed and cannot afford the fees and they are threatening me with a collection agency. This company only has one option, pay us or go to collections. No payment plans or even a nice courteous conversation. Pay us or face the consequences.

Up against a wall here**************....Please advise

Thanks

LindaP777

I read somewhere about donating timeshares to non-profit organizations. Try googling and see if that turns up something.

rvs007@hotmail.

In the same boat!

My timeshare company simply will send me to collections. I'm weighing the options- suffer bad credit for several years, or continue paying maintenance fees for life!

I have excellent credit and do not know how it will be negatively affected. Is it worth the risk?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">