• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timeshare resort has become horrible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DJohn50

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I fully own a timeshare in NJ. The quality of service has been horrible the past few times I was there, and I no longer wish to go there. Over the past few times I was there, I had to endure the following things:
1. Forced to sleep in a filthy room with trash and dirty dishes all over the unit and an unmade bed due to the cleaning staff failed to clean the prior use. No other unit available according to the front desk. This was the unit they assigned me after the unit I was originally assigned was a complete disaster with furniture pulled apart and items all over the floor.
2. There was a flooded unit that I was forced to use all week that had workers come and go during the week I was there.
3. Multiple 3 foot wide pipelines were within 20 yards of unit and an oily substance leaked into the water supply.

I have numerous other complaints regarding this resort, and I have wanted to leave in disgust the past 5 times I was there. I have complained many times to the resort staff, but they basically shrug it off.

Since reselling is almost impossible, what are my options? This is not an issue of whether I can pay the annual dues, but I feel that the resort is not honoring the contract that I signed due to not providing suitable accomodations. This resort told me it was a 4-5 star resort when I signed the contract, but it is nowhere close to that now with the numerous issues I have encountered.

Any helpful advice will be appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It's been said that only three things will survive the nuclear holocaust: Twinkies, Cucarachas, and Timeshare Contracts.

adjusterjack

It's been said that only three things will survive the nuclear holocaust: Twinkies, Cucarachas, and Timeshare Contracts.
The roaches will survive on the Twinkies and occupy the timeshares.

In a few million years a new form of life will evolve and dominate the planet.

Perhaps that new form of life will have sufficient intelligence to avoid buying time shares.

FarmerJ

Your complaint about the water , if there really was something wrong did you call the health department to voice your concern since the water there must be potable ( especially if its a private well ) did you take a sample of the water to a lab to be tested ( many larger full service well companies sell that service too) If the firm that runs the timeshare is violating its contracts such as not cleaning between people then I guess you would have to take pictures to prove it and use your written contract (as long as it says they are to clean between people ) and sue them in small claims court if you hired a local cleaning service to come out since that would be your damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">