• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

title to land

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NEED THE TITLE

i live in n.c . i bought an acre lot about 15 years ago and financed with the person i bought it from. the loan was paid off in october of 1997. the person is still saying that i owe them money on the property, but will not tell me a figure until i show all of my receipts to them. they will not give me the title to the property and they will not take me to court. any time that any disscussion is made in this matter it is made by me. do i need an attorney? and is it true that i have to have all of my receipts in order not to have to pay these people any more money?if i do not need a lawyer, then someone told me that i could file a quit claim deed is this true?please help in this matter as i want to sell the property. thank you in advance

JETX

The details of real estate law are complex, especially when you have a delayed title, etc. Contact an attorney and have them read all the documents you have.

HomeGuru

Also you can't file a quit claim deed or any other deed because you have no deed.
Remember, you do not hold title to the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">