• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title Not Changed - Lien on Credit Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hey Gaddie

What is the name of your state? California, Los Angeles County (LA County) - I sold a Mobile Home in April 1999. Escrow Company failed to file Change Of Ownership/Title Change documents with Dept. of Housing and Los Angeles County Tax Dept. LA County mailed taxes bills to the mobile home address and the current owner through them away. LA County put filed a lien on my credit report. I discovered this when I processed my 2000 tax return and recieved notification that LA County was keeping my State Tax return. I have now paid $1,373.64 to LA County Tax Assessors for taxes owed from June 1999 to June 2002 because current owner refuses to pay taxes because her name is not listed as legal owner.

Dept. of Housing reported that my name was legally removed from the title today (07/10/02) and a report will be sent to LA County Tax Dept. the end of this month. It may take several months before the State notifies credit report companies and then the lien will display as paid.

I am unable to get credit anywhere. I have applied for car loans, credit cards and refi loans and all have been denied because of the liens on my credit report. Do I have the right to file suit against the mobile home sales company, escrow company and the current owner of the mobile home (for refusing to pay taxes) for the damage they have created for failing to process and file the proper paperwork?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Dianne

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">