• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

title search and title insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bb2144

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Is it unusual for the attorney who represented a buyler during a residential real estate transaction to hold the title search/title insurance documents without providing a copy to the buyer?

HomeGuru

bb2144 said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Is it unusual for the attorney who represented a buyler during a residential real estate transaction to hold the title search/title insurance documents without providing a copy to the buyer?
**A: yes, the Buyer is the client and is entitled to receive copies of all documents requested.

B

bb2144

Thanks, I thought so. There is an R.O.W. on the property that cuts right across the driveway. It showed up the survey but we didn't realize what we were looking at and the attorney never mentioned it. We think he doesn't want to hand over the title search because he is trying to protect himself.

I have been told that the party that has the R.O.W. can tell us we can't use our driveway with only 30 days notice! Is the lawyer still liable even though we did see the survey?

HomeGuru

Re: Re: title search and title insurance

bb2144 said:
Thanks, I thought so. There is an R.O.W. on the property that cuts right across the driveway. It showed up the survey but we didn't realize what we were looking at and the attorney never mentioned it. We think he doesn't want to hand over the title search because he is trying to protect himself.

I have been told that the party that has the R.O.W. can tell us we can't use our driveway with only 30 days notice! Is the lawyer still liable even though we did see the survey?
**A: demand that this so called attorney give you these documents (including the ROW document) AND provide an explanation for each as to how each document would affect you as Buyers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">