• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

titles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mistake08

my title

I own a piece of property in oregon with a nice house on it,I have owned it for 10 yrs,I was involved with a man who thought we should refinance it on his credit,because at the time his credit was better than mine,my name was removed and his name added,now were no longer together and his name is still on my house,all the loan papers are in my name,i am trying to sell this home but now i have to go through him first,a real estate company is involved,he is threatning me that he will take every penny that my house is worth,what if anything can i do?

FlyingRon

"Putting a name on a house" isn't a membership in some club. Every time you do such a thing you are transferring ownership. If you took your name off and put his on, what you did is give him the house. Mortgages do not affect ownership. You're going to need a lawyer to unravel this mess, but by and large you are screwed.

HomeGuru

I own a piece of property in oregon with a nice house on it,I have owned it for 10 yrs,I was involved with a man who thought we should refinance it on his credit,because at the time his credit was better than mine,my name was removed and his name added,now were no longer together and his name is still on my house,all the loan papers are in my name,i am trying to sell this home but now i have to go through him first,a real estate company is involved,he is threatning me that he will take every penny that my house is worth,what if anything can i do?
**A: better run, not walk to see a real estate attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">