• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

town cut down our trees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dawn gris

What is the name of your state? Connecticut
My property borders the town hall, with 50 year old trees on the border since before the town hall moved in. On day I came home to find half the trees cut down. They did not know where the property line was and agreed to stop. The next day they cut the rest. We are open to the public now. I have planted evergreen trees, they wouldn't help pay. Can I sue?

HomeGuru

dawn gris said:
What is the name of your state? Connecticut
My property borders the town hall, with 50 year old trees on the border since before the town hall moved in. On day I came home to find half the trees cut down. They did not know where the property line was and agreed to stop. The next day they cut the rest. We are open to the public now. I have planted evergreen trees, they wouldn't help pay. Can I sue?
**A: yes, but in order to win you must prove that the trees were either solely on your property or stradled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">