• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer of ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

re law in NJ: I would like to change the deed on my house meaning someone else should be the owner but the mortgage will remain in my name and I will pay the monthly payments. Is there anything wrong legally with doing this. Also, is this OK with my bank? Thanks

Sorry about that. Thanks so much for your quick response. Can you be a little more specific, will they force me to pay up my mortgage immed. or any penalties etc. Thanks again.

HomeGuru

Read your mortgage and note.
Generally there is what is known as a due on sale or due on transfer clause.
Any sale of the property or transfer of title triggers this "due on sale" clause and the lender can call the loan due.
If the property is transfered to a trust with the same mortgagors, the lender should have no problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">