• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

transfer without persons consent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

violetsky1216

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Vermont

In the state of vermont can you just give someone property without their consent?

violetsky1216

Yes. My ex is stating that he is going to transfer his property into my name , that he is having his lawyer draw up the paperwork. I have NOT consented nor signed anything stating I want this property. Can he just sign it over to me?

violetsky1216

I don't want anything from my ex boyfriend, he doesn't owe me anything. I just want to move forward in my life and I think he is just doing this so I have to contact him.

sandyclaus

I don't want anything from my ex boyfriend, he doesn't owe me anything. I just want to move forward in my life and I think he is just doing this so I have to contact him.
Why would you need to contact him?

If his attorney is drawing up the papers, he's the only person you actually have to meet with to sign and accept. No one says you have to live in the house. You COULD always turn around and sell it and then pocket the free profits.

Did you two have a bad break up or something? Just wanting to get him completely out of your life? Then don't accept the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">