• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree cutting/trimming

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

John Monast

My neighbor intends to trim limbs on my trees on property line to the trunk of the tree. I told him if he did this it would make the tree heavy on one side and in a storm may fall on my barn. He said that was my problem. Can he legally trim this tree to make it a threat to my barn? I agreed that he could trim the tree to a reasonable distance to protect his barn but not make the tree a threat to my barn. There is approx. 20' between his barn and my tree.

I am in Upstate New York in Columbia County.

I would appreciate any information you may give me on this matter.

Thanks, John Monast, [email protected]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Monast:
My neighbor intends to trim limbs on my trees on property line to the trunk of the tree. I told him if he did this it would make the tree heavy on one side and in a storm may fall on my barn. He said that was my problem. Can he legally trim this tree to make it a threat to my barn? I agreed that he could trim the tree to a reasonable distance to protect his barn but not make the tree a threat to my barn. There is approx. 20' between his barn and my tree.

I am in Upstate New York in Columbia County.

I would appreciate any information you may give me on this matter.

Thanks, John Monast, [email protected]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can trim the tree on his side of the property but can not purposely trim so it causes an imbalance, damages or kills the tree. Why don't you hire a profesional tree trimming contractor to trim your tree the correct way. For more info do a search on this BB with keywords tree, trees.......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">