• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tree trunk in my yard grown curved over neighbors yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Naomi Benotn

What is the name of your state? WA. I have a tree in my yard that curves over the neighbors yard. I came home from work and he had a tree service cutting it. We had never talked about the tree being cut. All I have left is the trunk, it was a evergreen over 50 years old. He also cut a tree from a non resident neighbor. He has enough trees cut to have a truck come and be paid for the lumber as they are all evergreens. I want him to take out the trunk, since he cut down the tree and I have had no response from him. He has cleaned the rest of his property, leaving the trunk on my property. He said he was told by a tree cutting friend it was legal. Help

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Naomi Benotn said:
What is the name of your state? WA. I have a tree in my yard that curves over the neighbors yard. I came home from work and he had a tree service cutting it. We had never talked about the tree being cut. All I have left is the trunk, it was a evergreen over 50 years old. He also cut a tree from a non resident neighbor. He has enough trees cut to have a truck come and be paid for the lumber as they are all evergreens. I want him to take out the trunk, since he cut down the tree and I have had no response from him. He has cleaned the rest of his property, leaving the trunk on my property. He said he was told by a tree cutting friend it was legal. Help

My response:

. . . and, he's correct. He can cut down anything that hangs or curves over the property line into his property. Since the trunk is on your property, that's your responsibility.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">