• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespass and damage to property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beekun

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.
A portion of my property is on the bank of a pond opposite the side of the pond I live on. It has historically been a buffer zone between my subdivision and a newer one. The people whose property abuts mine hired someone to clear it without speaking to me. In fact, they knew it was my desire to leave it "as is" because they previously called the zoning board on me to complain that it was nit maintained. The zoning rep agreed that it was a buffer and told them they had no grievance against me.
What can I do?

Replant it and sue them for the cost. Post it and call the police when they trespass.

Have you had it surveyed? Do your neighbors agree where the property line is?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.
A portion of my property is on the bank of a pond opposite the side of the pond I live on. It has historically been a buffer zone between my subdivision and a newer one. The people whose property abuts mine hired someone to clear it without speaking to me. In fact, they knew it was my desire to leave it "as is" because they previously called the zoning board on me to complain that it was nit maintained. The zoning rep agreed that it was a buffer and told them they had no grievance against me.
What can I do?
**A: call the police, document the damage and hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">