• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trespassing?

• Thread starter hollingerisland
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hollingerisland

Alabama property: person living on land committed suicide (owed back rent):no contract/he had teenage son: ex-wife (druggie/only know first name) moved in w/o permission and with two little girls: no money has been received from her: want her off property: what are legal rights? how do I go about enforcing them?...I live in Utah...thanks

HomeGuru

hollingerisland said:
Alabama property: person living on land committed suicide (owed back rent):no contract/he had teenage son: ex-wife (druggie/only know first name) moved in w/o permission and with two little girls: no money has been received from her: want her off property: what are legal rights? how do I go about enforcing them?...I live in Utah...thanks
**A: you hire an attorney in Alabama to serve notice of unlawful detainer and then file eviction.

FarmerJ

After you get them out of the unit . Since you live so far away consider hiring a professional property manager to manage that unit for you . Then all matters with renting that unit out can be handled by them .

H

hollingerisland

I would like to just bulldoze the house down or donate it to the fire department as a practice for putting out fires....someone said I have to give her ten days notice...I don't understand why I have to give her any notice...it seems like she has rights just for moving in...yet I have to pay to get her out

FarmerJ

since she has possession of the unit yes its some work and money to get her out how much money depends on wether she honors a vacate notice , Now would you want to risk her filing a lawsuit if you just tossed her out ? believe me its more headache than its worth and the final satisfaction is if you must end up taking her to court to vacate the unit , then there will be a traceable court record wich will possibly interfere in her future with being able to rent else where . Little story I had a tenant who failed to move after I gave her legal notice to do so , I filed a court action for unlawful detainer (thats whats its called up here ) she did find a place to live in and we never went to court , since she vacated before court date . But it was the next move where that court record was found by future landlords and they legally used it as ground to refuse to rent to her . She was really mad and let me know it . Had she gotten out when she was supposed to there would have been no filing with the court and no UD record . >>>MY whole point of story is Follow the law to get this tenant out , like it or not thats what some states would call her since she has possession of unit . If she is too stupid to leave according to what your state says you have to give her for notice . spend the money and do what you need to legally to restore possession of the unit to you . youll have no backlash to deal with if you follow what your states laws are where that unit is re: eviction . but she will if it comes down to it .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">