• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trespassing laws****************************

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coutry7o7

california**************
i am the primary tenat to a home with brother ,and ex-wife......they are on the lease.
my brother brought his girlfriend home and i told him that she could not stay..she is past the 15 day a yaer without notice that was signed on lease...i asked thenm to have her leave and states 'he not teller her to go''
i felt i had to wait the fifteen days to have her with trespasssin and him for breaching lease....
i am to give three day notice to fix or move on with a thirty day notice..
and call the police for the girlfriend for trespassing.....
CORRECT....

Just Blue

california**************
i am the primary tenat to a home with brother ,and ex-wife......they are on the lease.
my brother brought his girlfriend home and i told him that she could not stay..she is past the 15 day a yaer without notice that was signed on lease...i asked thenm to have her leave and states 'he not teller her to go''
i felt i had to wait the fifteen days to have her with trespasssin and him for breaching lease....
i am to give three day notice to fix or move on with a thirty day notice..
and call the police for the girlfriend for trespassing.....
CORRECT....
Ummm...Okay. :rolleyes:

Did you actually have a QUESTION (?)? :confused:

Dave1952

She's not trespassing, she's an invited guest.
I'm not sure what you mean by "primary tenant". If your brother is on the lease then you can't evict him. It's up to the landlord to decide whether he feels that the lease is breached and take action.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">