• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trouble with my city

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nif646

Hi, to all, i truely need some advise here. i live in a suburb of the minneapolis/ st. paul area. In the last year my city has started a program of property inspections by unknown " good neighbors" this inspection is usally followed by a letter from the city zoneing /protective building inspector with a picture of the offending thing or things that violate city code. Now i understand the reasons they need to do this and all but i'm wondering how far can the city go with inforcement of thier statues before they are violating my rights.
One of my hobbies is the restoration of old trucks. so at times i do have a frame or parst outside for a week or so. i even have neighbors who come and help and enjoy watching the projects take place. as far as i know none have complained and have stated to me that they know i don't leave a mess.
Also being that i live in the snow belt i plow as a winter bussness and store my plow blade from novemer 1st to aprial 1st in my drive way. they are saying i can't do this either...i'm beginning to feel like "big brother " is watching me. :( do i have any recourse to stop the city with what i feel is harassment, and persit of happness?

HomeGuru

Your post did not state what the respective ordinances were and if your actions violated same. Therefore, I presume that you were in violation and thus have no counterclaim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">