• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

True Real Estate Dog Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Checkeredfinish

What is the name of your state? MN

Long story short. Farm place for sale directly across from our farm. Realtor is aware we have dogs and I raise dogs. He is showing the farm and allows the prospective buyers to let the dog out of the vehicle. The realtor does not make us aware of the dog lose in the neighborhood, nor the prospective buyer. Well this dog came to our farm, bred my bitch which is old and obese, on our property. When the realtor was confronted he said, "Listen Big Boy, you need to control your dogs." Oh also, the prospective buyers and the realtor were in the house signing closing papers and were not supervising this dog. Then we called the sheriff to get the information we needed to follow up with the situation and not in person, which was pretty tense. Well the realtor saw the sheriff at our farm and came over and the first thing he said was, "I want to press charges for harassment and threats." Well there were no weapons involved and their property violated our property on our property, sooo any words exchanged were not considered. Anyways, the question. Can I hold the realtor liable and does the real estate company have some kind of insurance to cover something like this? There are vet expenses to abort the pups, although the pups couldn't be aborted, because the bitch was to old and obese to consider the shot, she needed to be spayed. Also, this realtor did not act professionally and did make the situation more tense. He didn't take into account rectifying the sitation at all, with our now new neighbors. He called the property owners and told them our dog was over there, which was untrue and the property owner had called us before the sheriff arrived and accused us of losing his sale. We spoke with the buyers and they did agree to pay for the spay. Well it doesn't seem that is going to happen. Now I need to wait to see the health of my bitch, because this is a risky surgery because of her age and weight and the possibility that she did have a heart attack during the meeting breeding of the dogs. Does all this make sense? I don't know if I gave you enough information, tried to make it unbiased and thorough, yet I'm extremely concerned for the situation. Not a nice way of meeting your new neighbors, the concern for my dogs health, and the fact that this all happened on my birthday when other neighbors were arriving for a cookout. So I want to make the best of a bad situation and seeing as there were other neighbors present during the situation I'd like to promote peace in the neighborhood with these new neighbors. I feel the realtor is most accountable because he knew of our dogs, being in the country and no other dogs around and her age she doesn't go far from us when she's out of the kennel, the other dog was unsupervised because the realtor didn't alert the potential buyers to the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">