• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two houses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gpabear

from kentucky.
i have two houses on my lot. in order to qualify for fha re-financing i must remove one house from my posession. i do not want to sell the second house. what are my options?

HomeGuru

gpabear said:
from kentucky.
i have two houses on my lot. in order to qualify for fha re-financing i must remove one house from my posession. i do not want to sell the second house. what are my options?
**A: CPR the property into 2 condominum units and deed one of the units to Little Bear.

signed,
Running Bear

G

gpabear

thank you

thank you for the quick reply ! can i deed just the house or do i have to include some type of land with it.

HomeGuru

You need to include the land also. Make sure you fully understand the reason for the lender's requirement.

G

gpabear

requirement

the lender says the extra house ,which i rent out, changes the property to commerical. makes no sense to me. would i be better off trying to get a business loan?

HomeGuru

No, because an income property loan has a lower L/V and higher interest rate.
You are dealing with FHA underwriting. Double check FHA loan refi requirements www.hud.gov
Check into a Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac type loan as they have a 1-4 unit conventional loan program.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">