• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unable to locate co-owner of jointly owned house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cbrow77640

What is the name of your state? Texas
Before my husband and I were married 7 years ago, he was involved with a woman with whom he purchased a house in Texas. When they went their separate ways, they were living in Georgia and were divorced in a Georgia court even though they were never legally married. My husband was awarded the house in Texas but was required to pay his "ex" $2700.00 for her equity in the house. He had no money to pay her at that time and she has not pursued the matter. It has been 10 years or more since he has heard from her and has no idea how to get in touch with her. We would like to either refinance the house because of the low interest rates or possibly pay it off. Is there anything we can do to get the house deeded in my husband's name only?

HomeGuru

Hire a PI or skip tracer. An attorney could file and serve via notice by publication.
Talk to an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">