• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unclaimed Land

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tobystoy

Is there such a thing as unclaimed land. We have been leasing land (in Maryland) for hunting for approx 25 yrs. Some is State owned and some private. One piece we leased was sold about 5 yrs. ago. Another piece was recently sold. There is a parcel between these two that noone claims. The Co. tax map is totally screwed. According to the tax map the State owns the parcel in between but the State has met with me on two occasions and the surveyor and Forest Manager say this is not their land. We have had it posted and been hunting it for over 20 yrs and in this time no one has ever claimed it or approached us. I have researched deeds, plats, etc. (most deeds describe properties as "from the Oak tree south to the Gum tree stump") I would like to claim this land but don't know where to start. Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">