• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

undisclosed problems with resently purchased property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeff / steph

What are my legal rights concerning undisclosed problems on a home I just bought? The property has drainage/water problems. The sellers checked no on the discloser form concerning this matter. We also found on another form where the XX'ed out a area that stated about standing water under the house near the rear footer. We are at our wits end about what we can do. We have been living here about 1 month. Please Help!!!!!! We live in West Virgina. We cant seem to find any info/laws on the subject on the web.

[This message has been edited by jeff / steph (edited October 15, 2000).]

D

DSchwarzba

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeff / steph:
What are my legal rights concerning undisclosed problems on a home I just bought? The property has drainage/water problems. The sellers checked no on the discloser form concerning this matter. We also found on another form where the XX'ed out a area that stated about standing water under the house near the rear footer. We are at our wits end about what we can do. We have been living here about 1 month. Please Help!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not an attorney, have you contacted the Seller or Sellers Agent regarding this problem? What state are you in? If the Seller did not disclose a known problem, then in my opinion the Seller and possibly the Sellers agent is in a liability position to be sued

------------------

T

Tracey

Check with a good real estate attorney who handles non-disclosure suits. Sounds like the sellers may be liable to you.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

J

jeff / steph

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tracey:
Check with a good real estate attorney who handles non-disclosure suits. Sounds like the sellers may be liable to you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">