• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlawful Detainer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tim745

What is the name of your state? West Virginia
I recently recieved a tax deed on a 24 acre parcel. The individual that owned the property and allowed the taxes to become delinquent lives on another parcel nearby. But his mother owns a double wide that is on the 24 acres that I own. She is paying the personal property taxes on the double wide. I recently contacted the previous owner and his mother to let them know that they needed to vacate the property or pay rent on part of the lot. They told me that I should never have gotten a tax deed on the property because the property was supposed to be put in his mothers name after his bankruptsy. They told me to stay off of the property and leave them alone. I dont believe anything that they say. They recieved a noticed to redeem and chose not to do so. My questions are: Do I have to give them a notice to vacate before I file the unlawful detainer, even though I was never their landlord? If I file an unlawful detainer and win, will they have to move the double wide? If they dont move the double wide, will it be mine or will it just be sitting there waiting for them to move? If they dont move it off of the property and they still own the vacant doublewide, will I be responsible for the doublewide in case of fire or theft? Or am I responsible for getting it moved for them?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Tim745 said:
What is the name of your state? West Virginia
I recently recieved a tax deed on a 24 acre parcel. The individual that owned the property and allowed the taxes to become delinquent lives on another parcel nearby. But his mother owns a double wide that is on the 24 acres that I own. She is paying the personal property taxes on the double wide. I recently contacted the previous owner and his mother to let them know that they needed to vacate the property or pay rent on part of the lot. They told me that I should never have gotten a tax deed on the property because the property was supposed to be put in his mothers name after his bankruptsy. They told me to stay off of the property and leave them alone. I dont believe anything that they say. They recieved a noticed to redeem and chose not to do so. My questions are: Do I have to give them a notice to vacate before I file the unlawful detainer, even though I was never their landlord? If I file an unlawful detainer and win, will they have to move the double wide? If they dont move the double wide, will it be mine or will it just be sitting there waiting for them to move? If they dont move it off of the property and they still own the vacant doublewide, will I be responsible for the doublewide in case of fire or theft? Or am I responsible for getting it moved for them?
**A: you need to be talking with a local real estate attorney to file the UD like yesterday. Stop listening to those squatters giving you the BS.

Tim745

One more question

In my state you can file an unlawful detainer in magistrate court. Is this something that I should try in magistrate court or is complex enough that I really need an attorney?

HomeGuru

Re: One more question

Tim745 said:
In my state you can file an unlawful detainer in magistrate court. Is this something that I should try in magistrate court or is complex enough that I really need an attorney?
**A: do you really have to ask that?
How long do you want to deal with those squatter ass clowns living on your property for free.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">